E38, 740, 6 Speed Manual? Answer...YES!!

I posted the question... Does BMW make a E38, 740 with a 6 speed manual?
The answer I received was... YES
I received numerous replies that this combination is available in Germany.

Now,  I would like to know if anyone has imported one of these super cars into the US.
I live in California and I assume, I would need to have the car meet CARB requirements in-order to license it in CA.
Does any one know if it is possible to import and license a E38, 740, 6speed into California?
Thanks,
Rod...

- -----
Rodney Moore