In other octane news...

There's been a string of letters to the editor out here in Colorado
Springs dealing with gas.  Someone wrote in to complain about how
we're getting stiffed with gas prices (how much do you pay for
premium?  I pay $1.30) and how the 85 octane regular can't even be
used in modern cars...  (Supposedly it voids the warranty!)

Needless to say, I didn't even bother trying to write in to explain
about how low atmospheric density relates to preignition and that
lower octanes work at higher altitudes...

    KC Boyce
    '85 325e
    E30 Eta Page: http://rikki.cc.colorado.edu/~k_boyce/