Re: 540i Spark plugs BA

>Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 00:08:16 -0600
>From: "Tomas Perez" <tsperez@domain.elided>
>Subject: 540i Spark plugs
>

>Now for my question.  What's the best spark plug for this engine?
Bosch has
>a new plug that has 4 electrodes on it.  My 535iA has only one.  When I
>purchased a set for the 325isA (mail order) I noticed they had two
>electrodes.  Today I saw the new Bosch plugs advertised at AutoZone and
they
>have the plugs for my car at $5.99 each.  Also, should I change the
>transmission fluid?  I heard that it's lifetime (car has 49,000 miles).
>
>Thanks in advance for any advise.
>
>Tomas S. Perez
>tsperez@domain.elided

The V8 uses the same plugs as your 325 E36.  I've never tried the new 4
electrode plugs, at $6 bucks each, it won't kill you to try them.

As for the transmission.   Changing the fluid is a personal decision,
but take this into account ; a drain and fill requires about 1.5 gallons
of fluid.  It can only be bought by the gallon and lists for about $165
per gallon.

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

Please include all correspondence when replying
to avoid confusion - Thank you