Re: E30 buying advice

>>It is a 325is, white, 5 speed with 129K on the
clock.  The interior is cloth, with electric windows and a manual sunroof.

Something is very fishy here.  325iS' cars are fully loaded (leather interior,
power sunroof, etc etc).

>>Also, is there a different engine in the '91 vs the '88
models.  From the look of the cam cover, it appeared to have DOHC.  Much
different than a friends '88 325is

The engine should be the same as in the '88 325iS...an M20B25 single cam/2
valve per cylinder, baby six engine.  Are you sure it's even a 325 and not a
318i M42 rebadged?  I have seen many dealers trying to sell "E" cars as "i"
cars and 318i owners rebadging their cars to anything BUT 318i.  It's possible
that the previous owner dropped an M50 engine in there but why would they go
from leather interior and power sunroof to cloth interior and manual sunroof?
I think you have a 1991 318i M42 rebadged with iS spoilers.

Barry Robinson
LA Chapter