M3 Shopping list

My SO isn't buying car parts, but she is letting me order an M3 Convertible
for European delivery. I would like to know what people think about the
various options.

First the seats. For a convertible, the heated seats sound like a must have,
and for $415, not too expensive. For another $785 the power seats can be
ordered. Since I would hardly change the setting, it doesn't seem worth it.
What do Digest readers think?

Next is the tranny. I personally want the stick. Automatic is out.

The 17" forged wheels are $1450 over the standard cast allow wheels. Worth
it? Why? I would like to see pointers to pictures.

How about the Trip Computer? I don't think it is worth the $500 being asked
to see gas mileage. Do people who drive M3's really care?

And what about the $975 premium sound system? (I am seriously considering it
for top down driving.)

I don't think I'll be getting the hard top, since it will be off half the
year and when it is on it will not be as faded as the rest of the car in a
couple of years.

What about cruise control? I will probably go for it, but I am interested in
the digest readers' opinions.

Brad Houser
San Jose, CA

1979 733i