Rewiring headlamps - European style

Hello everyone,

	I am thinking about rewiring my front side blinkers so that they are not on
full time. I want to make it so they only come on when I signal to make a
turn. My friend said he has seen this done before in the U.S. and I know many
cars in Europe are like this. I was wondering if anyone on the digest has done
this procedure before and if you guys can give me any advice on where to
start, etc.
	If it is complicated I guess I can always bring it to my dealership and have
them do it but I'd rather do it myself if possible. Any comments or ideas will
be appreciated. I've heard this is illegal in NYC but I'm not sure so if it is
please no flames, it is just an idea. ;-) Thanks in advance,

	Tommy Koch
	'98 528iA (Wishing it was a 540i Sport)