M3 purchase

Went with a friend to look at a 1995 M3 with 28k miles. It has the 4 speed auto
(I'm still trying to convince her to get 5 speed), interior lux pkg, no CD
changer though and elect. adjust. seats.. Car is in almost immac. condition
except for a problem with the paint. The paint has what appears to be pitting
all over the car as if someone used solvent on a clear coat (if in fact these
cars come with clear coat). The salesperson (Weatherford BMW) says it can easily
and cheaply rubbed out. Can anyone first tell me what could have caused this to
happen to the paint and if in fact it is nothing to worry about and second what
is a reasonable price to offer (the salesperson quoted 30-33k). I've seen adds
for M3's without lux. pkg. and auto for between 27.5 and 29k.
TIA, Harold   87 325is Shkd