Re: Wax Job Screw-Up

>>>interested in a discussion and relating our experiences?

I will never use an orbital buffer on my cars. I see too many cars that had
this done to it and when viewed in reflective light, it looks like dung. I
have always used McGwires #26 paste wax, rubbed it on by hand, rubbed it
off by hand, buffed it out by hand. When I am done with the car after about
6-8 hours of washing, detailing and waxing, and it's parked on a 'slight'
hill, you can't keep a clean towel on the hood without it sliding off.

I have also been known to use Rain Dance, and Finish 2000, but prefer #26
paste. One added note: When I wax my car, I always take off the old wax
first with a product called "Perfect Putty- Fallout & Over spray Remover".
It is a glass impregnated chunk of grey clay that gets EVERYTHING off the
car, short of the clear coat and paint. (must be used with a soapy fluid so
it 'skims' over the surface.)

Just my 528 cents worth...

Steve "yeah that's a hole in your block" Hodson
88 E28M20 RIP