Re: bmw-digest V9 #674 Alldata

In a message dated 12/10/98 12:51:45 Pacific Standard Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<<
 Just to confirm that they have not  changed their system of supplying
 bullshit info, I just went in and asked for recalls on a 94 740iL.
 They list 3 safety recalls, one of which is nothing more than a bulletin
 telling dealers how to obtain new recall stickers.
 They list 1 emissions recall, which is the same goddam bulletin as
 above.
 Then they list 155 Service bulletins, of which, maybe, 30 are of any
 informative value to owners.
 In that list of 155 service bulletins are instructions on how to operate
 certain functions of the BMW service test computer, or special tools,
 some of which are not even relevant to the model selected, and certainly
 of no use to an owner.
 There is even a bulletin listed on converting the R12 to R134a in the
 air conditioning.  The 740 NEVER had R12 !!!!

 ALLDATA SUCKS, their information is wrong, or misleading.

 Please do not inundate me with questions about bulletins (AGAIN).

 Brett Anderson
 BMW and ASE master technician
 http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

 Please include all correspondence when replying
 to avoid confusion - Thank you >>

Brett: It occurs to me that Alldata is only parrotting/reporting  what any
manufacturer, like BMW, supplies.  I would think you should be upset with BMW,
the originator, not Alldata, the messenger.  Or is it that you think that they
shouldn't charge for this service?  I could agree with that.  A BMW Owner
should be able to go to their dealer and get this info for free.  I believe
that Alldata exists for those people who don't have that access.
Respectfully...Chas.
'83 633CSi
'85 528e
'88 735i