re: Invici-Shield & a better solution???

>> I saw a problem on
>>some of my previous vehicles and see this product as a solution to minimize
>>the damage.  I'm just telling you it's out there and it was worth it to
*me*.

> I've been using the 3M variant on my car for over a year now, since the
> Bambi repaint. I used a small 4 INCH strip kit and did limited sections of
> the car, as like Mark, I was seeing rock chips and abrasion marks aft of the
> wheels when on R compound tires.  Stuff works.  You can see the break 'line'
> wherer the material ends, after all - you are laying on a material that has
> some thickness, thin as it may be.  This will make you concours guys go
> nuts, but if you can live with the slight visual speedbumps of the material
> (and they are slight), then this WILL save your paint.

Maybe this has been mentioned and I missed it, but at the NJ / Del. Val.
driver's school at Summit in May there was brand spankin new 911 Turbo S
there.

The owner of this beauty had used LIQUID LATEX on the front of the car and on
the rear widebody flares.  Apparently you paint this stuff on, let it dry, and
hit the track.  When you're done you peel it off.  Appears to work very well,
and be very easy to use.  I have NO idea how much it costs, what it's called,
or where you get it.  Some of the Viper guys had it at the Glen as well.
Don't know how it compares to the stuff Duane's talkin about, but it's sure
better than that tape you see people use occasionally.

Tim Leithead
'95 M3