Re: V8 into a 525 BA

>Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 23:12:16 EST
>From: Blkrdrcr@domain.elided
>Subject: Re: bmw-digest V9 #675
>
>Hello digest,
>                    My question is as follows. Does anyone know if the
engine
>out of a 94 540 will fit into that of a 90 525i? I know the 3.5 ltr out
of the
>535 will fit, just wondering on if I can slide something bigger in
there...hee
>hee. Thanks all......
>D.Jones
>90 525i

Yes it will fit.  It is a very big job though.
You will need a V8, trans, driveshaft, wiring harness, engine and trans
control units (if auto), radiator, exhaust, etc , etc.
Used engine and trans will set you back a pretty penny. New longblock is
about $12,000 without manifolds, new auto trans is about $6000.

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

Please include all correspondence when replying
to avoid confusion - Thank you