Re: Evil wheel BA

>Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 17:21:08 -0800
>From: Josh Murray <mincarp1@domain.elided>
>Subject: Evil wheel

>Except I couldn't seem to remove the bottom panel of the steering
column to
>save my life.

>Could someone please let me know how to remove the plastic covers on
the
>steering wheel column so that I may access my cruise control switch.
>Thanks.
>Josh Murray
>L.A. Chapter

There are two screws securing each half of the column trim to each
other. The steering wheel must be removed to access them.

Why do you want to get to the switch ?  The connector is way down the
column, 2 minutes with a DVOM will show you if the switch is working, or
if the ground is loose at the top of the column.

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

Please include all correspondence when replying
to avoid confusion - Thank you