Evil wheel

Hey everyone...

I just made a less than fullfilling attempt at fixing the cruise control in
my '90 325is.
Except I couldn't seem to remove the bottom panel of the steering column to
save my life.
I took off the cosmetic dash under panel and the metal panel beneath that.
I also removed the screw on the bottom side of the column cover, but it
wouldn't let go.
Sure, it was loose, but still tenaciously anchored up near the wheel.
Could someone please let me know how to remove the plastic covers on the
steering wheel column so that I may access my cruise control switch.
Thanks.
Josh Murray
L.A. Chapter

Oh yeah...If you're one of those people that likes to respond to pleas for
help by telling them to look it up in the manual, save your fingers the
exercise.  Don't you think that if I could have looked it up, I would have.
All my literature is buried deep in storage right now as I am currently
staying at a friends while looking for a house, not that I need to defend my
question.