BWA Wheels/bad idea?

Hi Digesters,

	I need to know if I have made a big mistake; to wit, whether I have
made a poor wheel purchase.  I found some wheels advertised on
classifieds2000.com - they looked and sounded good (were advertised as
MOMO, 14x6, correct offset for 2002, in fact PO stated during the
resultant phone calls and e-mails that he had mounted 195-60-14 on these
wheels and autocrossed for many years this way with no fender mods or
rubbing problems.  I also asked for all the stamping numbers prior to
making the purchase, and he sent all that along, but said there were no
offset dimensions anywhere, either on the face or backside.
	Weeeellll, I guess you all know what happened, right?  They arrived
yesterday, and after unpacking them and washing the dirt, dried
fix-a-flat, and dead spiders off, clearly saw the "14x6 100 E22" stamped
on the back of the rim! (oh yeah, and they're BWA's, not MOMO!!) My '74
is lowered w/ H&R sports, and I'm pretty sure that these just ain't
gonna work.  I currently run 14x6 Speedlines w/38mm offset, and have
_maybe_ 3/4" between rear tire and fender.
	Am I screwed, or will these work?  Aren't these 22mm offset correct for
a 320i?  If I _am_ screwed, anyone know what else they'll fit (other
than Fiat/Alfa) so I can try to resell?  Curt, Michel, anyone???  Thanks
in advance, and please don't anyone tell my wife!!!!

Dave Y
BMW CCA, SCCA
'74 2002
p.s. I may call the PO tomorrow and see if he'll want to swap 'em back,
but I'm not particularly hopeful...

End of bmw-digest V9 #675