E30 springs recomendations?

After having my first bimmer ( 1989 316i ) for 3 - 4 months, I=B4ve
decided it is time for some upgrades. I am thinking of lowering my
suspension before getting new wheels. I must admit however, I am doing
it 70% for the looks and 30% for the handling, so I would prefer a not
so harsh ride and not too much of a drop ( 1 - 1 1/2 " ). From what I
have read here, there are mainly three roads to go:

M3 springs ( Is this a direct replacement ? )
Eibach
H&R

Any special recomendations, advises, tips, etc.. ?

If it matters in any way, I am planning on next getting a set of 15"
Borbets with 205/55 tires.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated

Jose Navarro
idea@domain.elided
1989 316i  with 39,000 km