Tire Rotation

It seems that most BMW's have decidedly different front vs. rear camber bias..rears call for
negative camber ( meaning the tire shoulder closest to the center of the car bears more of the
load ) whereas the fronts have positive camber, loading the outside shoulder. My experience has
been that the "unloaded" shoulder wears in a squared off pattern, meaning that there is a
discernable edge to the shoulder of the tire, while the loaded shoulder tends to remain round or
get rounder, especially due to cornering forces at the front.

The point? The time I rotated the tires on the Bumblebee ( E36M3, dakar yellow ), made for one of
the most entertaining ( and scary) lane changes I've ever experienced. I came up behind a
slowpoke, and jumped into the left lane while accelerating....lemmie tell you, it felt like the
car was gonna do a 360, right there in the middle of the Southern State Parkway ...instant
oversteer! Back to the shop, and rotated 'em again , and all was right with the universe...execpt
for the grey hairs I acquired<g>

regards,

Mike Capaldo

no longer rotating tires on BMWs