Re: Rotating Tires

Keith -

What I've heard BMW say is: Do not rotate the tires since they wear-in in=

position.  Rotating them would therefore result in reduced performance
until they wear-in again.

What I've heard the purveyors of tires say is:  Rotate the tires.  Do so
more frequently when the tires are new, since they wear faster when the
tread blocks are at maximum height.

What I experienced with my 95 525i with Michelin MXV4's mounted suggests
that if you are not rounding the sholders of the tires there is no need t=
rotate them.  I did not rotate the tires.  My mid-tread wear rates were
nearly identical on all four tires.  Unfortunately, in my case, I did rou=
nd
the sholders.  In fact, I wore the left front sholder thru to cord with
about 5/32nds left in the middle.

I've got newish Yokohama AVS-Intermediates now, and I've just rotated the=
m.

So, how do you drive??

Brant

Message text written by INTERNET:bmw@domain.elided
From: Keith_Redmore@domain.elided
Subject: Rotating Tires

I was recently told at my dealer not to rotate the tires on my '95 325i
because of the wheel tilt.  The tires would not spin properly.

Does any know if this is accurate?  My assumption was to rotate, so the
tires wear evenly.

Keith<