RE: diff swap question...

Hi Jeff-

	The Cover is the rear facing round cover with about a dozen or so
bolts. This has to be replaced so that the diff. will fit into the desired
space and provide the correct mounting for the 5 series. The mounting point
for the E28 chassis is different from the 325.  You will also have to swap
out the axle flanges as they too are different from 5 series to 3 series.

	As far as the engine noise and mileage goes I haven't noticed any
significant difference.  I realize approximately 19 MPG for everyday travel
and around  21-23 MPG for highway travel.  Noise really isn't effected too
much by the diff. Swap.  Yes the engine is running a bit faster with the
3.73 diff. (approx. 3250 @80 MPH) but not so much to worry much about.

Cheers-

Brad

Brad Herrin				______       Y  E  E  E
Corollary Inc.		    o/______\o     |__|__|__|
2802 Kelvin		          (oo_00_oo)        |  |
Irvine, CA 92614-5826	    []o----o[]        H  A
Phone: 949.250.4040 X244
Fax:   949.250.4043     '88' 535i (5 Speed/Stroked 3.8L)

Email: bradh@domain.elided <mailto:bradh@domain.elided>  or
bradley.t.herrin@domain.elided <mailto:bradley.t.herrin@domain.elided>

A WHOLLY-OWNED SUBSIDIARY OF INTEL CORPORATION