Quieting a Rattle

Okay, I've got this annoying rattle noise at idle that I must remove.
Please help...

It is coming from two hard plastic interior trim pieces that are rubbing/rattling
together from excessive vibration.  The two
pieces snap together -- one around the other like a tupperware lid.

Is there anything I can easily put between the two pieces or along
their edge that will either keep them together (so that the vibration
moves them together) or, more likely, that will keep them apart such
that they don't rattle against each other????  Perhaps some black
silicone of some sort??

Any experience with this would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Brian