Re: M Parallel Spoke Wheels on E39

Damian writes regarding the 18" M parallel spoke wheels:

> Does anyone know a good source for these wheels??? Anyone
selling a set???
> I'm trying to find a set for my E39...

Hate being the bearer of bad news, but the M parallel spokes will
NOT fit the E39 due to the larger wheel hubs found on the E39
(74mm versus 72.5).

There are two versions of the M parallel spoke wheels.  The best
looking ones (IMHO, naturally) are the polished ones intended for
the E38 and E31 cars (8x18 and 9.5x18).  The other version are the
ones which were originally fitted to the '95 Euro 3.8L M5's.
These came in 8" and 9" widths, and have the standard silver wheel
paint, and are of different offsets than the E31/E38 versions.

A big (as in high resolution) picture of the polished version as
fitted on an 850CSi can be found at:

http://home.att.net/~smcastle/m-parallel.jpg

Hope this helps.

Steve C.