I love BMW quality

I love BMW quality!

I used to have a 97 M3 and a laundry list of glitches, squeaks, and misc
problems.

Now my 98 528i Sport with just 8k miles has already developed a failed trunk
actuator ( trunk won't close ), a failed gas door actuator ( gas door won't
open ), and check engine light diagnosed to be a failed rear crank seal.

Whats the deal here? Am I just a very unlucky BMW owner or are those guys in
the assembly lines in Germany falling asleep on the job?

Kai