re: "uncalled for" speeding tickets (non BMW content)

     >>Bret said:
     >> Most of the 25mph zones I've seen are very dense
     >> residential areas or even school zones.

     >Jay said;
     >The ones who institute unreasonably slow
     >speed limits where not needed (dense residential, and school zones
     >excluded).  We also need to question any municipality which gets a
     >high percentage of it's revenue from traffic citiations (this
     >definitely questions the motive of the fines).

     Bret, I would know if I'm in a dense neighborhood or a school zone.
     But this definitely not one of them.  As I said the area is a 4 lane
     local roads with parking spots on one side.  There is nobody walking
     on the street at all. Just as Jay said,  this is an unreasonably low
     speed limit given the surroundings. The 25mph limit is there just for
     the sake of trapping people and generating revenue for the town.
     Especially when they don't put up any speed limit sign, everbody would
     have to question their motives for pulling unsuspected drivers over.
     I'm wondering if its a legitimate defense in court if there is no post
     speed limit anywhere in sight??  Anybody on the digest tried this in
     court?   Thanks again for the info.

     Regards,

     Peter Li
     NJ BMWCCA