Re: <E30> Button on Seat Belt to hold up buckle clip BA

>Date: Sat, 05 Dec 98 09:07:39 PST
>From: "Mark Johnson" <megansdad@domain.elided>
>Subject: <E30> Button on Seat Belt to hold up buckle clip
>
>Hi,
>
>My question is how to trim or finish the spike.  The dealer told me to
=
>melt it with a soldering iron.
>This looks like it would work but may not look as nice as the other
butto=
>n on the other seat belt.
>Does anyone know a good way to do this?  I've spent about a week now
tryi=
>ng to figure out how
>I want to put this $1.00 piece on the belt.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mark Johnson
>megsdad@domain.elided

Two choices.  Squeeze it with pliers, if you are lucky, it will last 6
months.
or, melt the end with a soldering iron.  Pretty much a permanent fix. If
you do it carefully, it will look quite neat, you are only melting the
very tip of the spike.
Heck, at the price of the part, buy an extra and practice.

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

Please include all correspondence when replying
to avoid confusion - Thank you