<E36> oil changing

Hello everyone!

I have finally decided to take on the responsibility to do my own oil
changes and was hoping for some help from my fellow digesters!  I have
never changed oil on any vehicle before (but I thot it is about time I
learnt! :) ).

If any could give reply with advice, tips, precautions, procedures, etc
pertaining to changing oil on a 1993 318is, that would be greatly
appreciated.

Also, one last question:  if synthetic oil really worth it?  It costs so
much more than conventional motor oils, but does the performance justify
the price?

Thanks in advance,

kwok
1993 318is