<misc>coolant in BMW Engines

Regarding Antifreeze in BMW's, it was written:

Consider the new orange long life anti-freeze.  Many use itbecause if
you
have a slight coolant leak which you can not find, the leakwill show a
dry
orange hue on the hose or connection.  The green will notshow.

I'm not one to spread baseless urban legend, but I *thought*, that I
recently read somewhere, that these new long-life orange type coolants
may not be the best thing for all cooling systems.  Am I way off base
here?  If so, apologies.

Ron Browne
1992 318is
Bowie, MD
  I'm as aftermarket as the next guy, but with this particular engine,
Im ONLY using the BMW Coolant.. :-)