Car cover

Okay, this is probably anal retentitve (I sometimes stay up at night
contemplating whether it has a hyphen) but I'm looking for some informed
opinions.

The drive in to work is about 30 minutes so the car is throughly warmed up
upon arrival.  After finding a safe parking place I put a cotton flannel
cover on the car for the day to keep it out of the sun.  Here's the
question, does it do the car any harm to put the cover on while it's still
warm from the trip or should I wait until it cools off to put it under
wraps?

Thanks, this isn't a big deal, but it's an '85 model with original factory
paint that still looks great (and the dash isn't cracked) and we would like
to keep it that way.