E30 Heater, or lack thereof

     I have an '86 325es. Although the heater does not get a lot
     of use in my car, I want it warm when I want it warm. My
     temp gage typically reaches just above the 'Blue' except in
     traffic where it will reach 11:00 but drops back down once
     underway. The heater, with temp control cranked all the way
     on, barely gets warm. Am I looking at a thermostat problem?
     Like stuck open maybe?
     Oh, and by the way, what the hell is 'sharked'
     David Simmons
     Eureka, Ca.