<E28> Crazy Speedometer

I have had intermittent trouble with my dash since day one, when I bought
my 528e new in '87.  Service department could never resolve anything
associated with the intermittent problems with Tach, water temp, MPG gauge,
etc.  But lately I have had a new phenomena - the speedo will
intermittently read 10mph or so slow.  If I turn on my fog lights, the
speedo drops another 20 mph! If I turn on bright lights it drops 40 mph!!
Try to explain that to a police officer -.  When this occurs, my inspection
and oil change light come on as well.
Would appreciate some guidance on what to look for - have already taken out
the batteries on the SI board (previous suggestion) It quieted my LED's but
that was it.

TIA

Donald Thain
'87 528e (but looking for ~95 325iC)