Re: e28 snow wheels

Steve wrote:

 what official steel wheels are a fit for
my '88 535is (for snow tire set)?  What are the nominal dimensions, and
identifying marks if I were looking at used ones?  My preference would
be to find 15" wheels, not the 14" e28-528 variety.

Steve,
I would stongly recommend that for snow and ice driving with an E28 you
stay with a 14" wheel, run a 195/70 R14 tire on the E28 wheel or any of
the older BMW 14"X6" 5 lug wheels.
The taller aspect ratio of the 14 " tire improves control in snow and
ice! Far safer and less money than the 15" set up .

low profile snow tires are made for those cars like the E36 M3's , where
the brakes are so big that the wheels need to be a large diameter.

Mario Langsten
experienced in upside down roof landings with an E28 in snow and ice !