Re: Ionised fuel

John,
Without sounding patronising, don't you think that IF this device really
does what it claims that the car manufacturers would all be using it. Cars
usually sell on one of power and efficiency, so if you can improve these for
a tiny outlay, don't you think they'd do it?

Anyway, the spark in the combustion chamber does a hell of a good job
ionising the fuel/air mixture.

I could be wrong, but combustion doesn't involve ANY bonding of oxygen and
fuel. The ionising could possibly cause water molecules to be attracted to
the fuel molecules, but as Oxygen is non-polar, there's no way that it would
do much there.

Personally, I'd stick with your initial hunch!!!!!!

Adrian
 PS - I AM a chemical engineer, if you were wondering! :-) I work in the oil
industry too (design/safety consultancy)
Though I've only been out of university for just over a year.

		I saw an add for this and dismissed it as snake oil but
eventually curiosity got the better of me. Having studied the technical
details I'm not so sure now, might actually work. Any chemical engineers
here who can offer an opinion?