Virginia Int'l Raceway

Several friends and I went to Virginia Int'l Raceway this past sunday
afternoon for an Open House and tour. For those of you who haven't
caught wind of this yet, VIR is located not far from Danville, VA. This
track operated from 1957-1974 hosting many, many races during that time.
There is a group called Blue Chip Racing Resorts that is trying to get
together the capital to re-open this wonderful race track. I'm getting
together more details to be posted later. Check out VIR's webpage at
www.virclub.com.

VIR is scheduled to host it's first race in the fall of 1999. It is
supposed to be geared to the "grassroots" racer/driver in all of us.
They have no plans to attract an Indycar race or any other major series
race.

I have no affiliation, etc, etc. I'm just looking forward to a new track
that's within 1.5 hr drive from home!

Bret Luter, Raleigh, NC
BMWCCA 52894