leggo my logo

Geez, I go to a party full o trendy people (my wife's in advertising)
and someone invariably says, "oh I wouldn't think there's much work for
a patent-trademark-copyright-trade secret-attorney?"   Anybody notice
that the over frisky guy who got kicked on ali mc -"please eat a meal"
was a patent lawyer (in a municipal court house, musta been lost).  I
liked it better when we were low profile and under the radar.

Then, I get on these lists hoping for some respite from the work grind,
and all I hear is intellectual property banter.  The mr2 guys were
arguing over whether mass reproduction of parts cd's would be copyright
infringement.  Now the logo thingee.

I'm not commenting on the legality, yadda, yadda bc I don't dispense
legal advice in auditoriums and bc I don't think my firm's malpractice
carrier would much appreciate it.  But here's some good LAYMAN's advice:
DON'T SAY ANYTHING ON A DIGEST YOU WOULDN'T WANT READ BACK TO YOU IN A
DEPOSITION.  Dr. Collie, they tend to frown on drinking beer during
these special invite soirees, at least one good reason to avoid same.

BTW, I'm working (albeit, late) on a cool auto related patent
application.  I'd tell you about it, but then I'd have to kill you all
which would take a long time given the geographic diversity unless I
could figure out a Videodrome mechanism.  I think we'll see a variant on
a bmw one day.  also heard about something that ought to make tiptronic,
etc passe once taken to its logical end.  Again, can't tell ya.  I'd be
quite the conversationalist if everything I knew weren't proprietary,
know how Clinton's secret service feel.

Unrelated, I want a Yamaha GTS1000 (the scoot with the forkless front,
FI, cat, omega frame).  Lemme know if you see one for sale.  Might trade
a cbr900rr.

David D. Beatty