Re: BMW Logos and Digest Stickers

Hey Kids,
        Ok, I should have known better. I am a professional graphic designer,
and I've turned away business because I was being asked to use unauthorized
copyrighted material.
        It does, however, disgust me that companies like BMW won't allow groups
like us to use their logo. I understand that they want to insure that their
logo is being used in such a way as not to harm the reputation of the company
but I've been led to believe that despite how good the design is or how
innocuous our use of their logo would be that we would be summarily denied if
we were to ask to use the logo.
        Fine, I can accept that (and since I'll probably never ever purchase a
brand new BMW I guess I have no right to complain).

        All that said I still dig this listserv and still want to contribute to
it (and hopefully give it part of it's visual identity) so I've come up with 3
designs that I will submit. One of which is borderline (it contains an ASCII
BMW, and frankly is my least favorite anyway).

        To see them go to http://www2.southwind.net/~tiramisu/BMW.html (I'll
also try to get a copy of it on Bobby's page too, however I don't remember the
URL)

Thank you for your support,
Mike Biles