Re: BMW Logos and Digest Stickers (don't ask don't tell)

At 05:50 PM 12/7/98 -0600, Mike & Cheryl Biles wrote:
>I have to agree with Bubba Duane. As long as Richard has absolutely
nothing to
>do with the production of distribution of the decals I think the list is
safe,

not true. even if i have a completely defensible legal position, the fact
is that the legal fees can kill the digest pretty quickly -- and beyond
that, i've not yet had a chance to convert Krusty Motorsports into an S
Corporation, which means that it is still just a DBA and my personal
finances are therefore at risk.

>and I doubt BMWNA is going to know if we use their logo.

umm, i think we (the collective we of the digest membership) are most
assuredly on BMW NA's radar screen.

>You gotta love how BMWNA appreciates our business so much they will stomp on
>our heads for publicly calling ourselves BMW enthusiasts.

in the US, to retain your trademark, you are obligated by law to defend it.

i'm currently part of executive management of a startup, and we're busy
trademarking stuff left and right. trademark law is complicated stuff...

>PS: Paranoid Thought: is there anyone from BMWNA on the list?

persons affiliated with BMW NA have been on this list in the past. i can't
say for right now.

richard