Re: Randy der anti racer

On the one hand, I have a modified car and will continue to modify it,
because I can.  The more personalized I can make it, the more I'll enjoy it.

On the proverbial other hand, how many times have we seen this post:

"I just bought a new M3.  How can I make it faster?"

Let's see, you just bought a 240 horsepower 4 seat ROCKET and you
haven't even begun to learn how to drive it at its limits, which are
downright formidable, but you want to make the car go even FASTER
than it does now?  This is a dangerous mentality and anyone who wants
to make their car go THAT fast without learning how to handle it is asking
for trouble.  (No, I haven't learned to drive my car consistently at its limits
either, but I'm working on it.)

On the other, other hand, I've seen lots of posts from people just asking
how to fix things, and posts from others telling them how.  Also, there
seems to be a fair representation of E28s and E34s out there, in addition
to the 3 series cars.  I enjoy learning things about all BMWs.

It may not be perfectly balanced between all models, between repairs
vs. mods, etc, but I don't see the Digest as being one-sided.

Just my .02...

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977