Re: E24 OBC BA

>From: Michael_Bird@domain.elided
>Subject: E24 OBC
>
>Help!   My OBC stopped working after I replaced my SI board.   I know
>they're not related, but I may have knocked something loose, because my
>cruise no longer works either.   The brake lights are working, so it
>probably isn't that circuit, but I wonder if it's coincidence or I'm
just a
>totally incompetent mechanic.    I don't have the manual for the car,
and
>the OBC is different than on my E28 and E36.   This is a US car, 1984
>633csi.
>
>So, any suggestions?   The OBC blinks four periods (....) and I can't
get
>any readings.   Even if it was working, I don't know how to set the
clock.
>BTW, this happened once before when I killed the battery (working on
the
>sun roof) but I was able to reset it (don't know how, just dumb luck).
>
>Michael

The fact that the cruise does not work means you mixed up the wiring at
the back of the cluster.  Blau and Weiss are blue and white, you
probably reversed them. These are the small connectors with one or two
wires on them.  You have denied the cruise and OBC a speed signal.
As for blinking lights on the OBC, did you disconnect the battery ?  It
has reset, set the time by pressing the time button 3 times, setting the
time and pressing time again (I think)

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

Please include all correspondence when replying
to avoid confusion - Thank you