Re: glass sealer/glue: why not take it to dealer?

I'm sorry that Mike has had such a terrible experience getting service from
BMW dealers in S.F.bay area.  I would like to recommend Peter Pan BMW in
San Mateo (a suburb south of the city), which has been great to deal with
so far, even if I didn't buy the car from them and didn't have any prior
service relationship.  I dropped my car off a couple of week ago for a free
scheduled oil change (not the most lucrative source of revenue for the
dealer).  They used BMW synthetic oil (at no extra charge) and then fixed
rattles/squeeks to my satisfaction, all under warranty.  The drivers' side
armrest and the clutch were also creaking so they ordered the necessary
replacement parts under warranty as well.  And, they didn't even try to
avoid potential brake warranty work by blaming my squeaking brakes on my
aftermarket gas-slotted rotors or the fact that i drove the car hard
(suggested by the worn outer edges of all 4 tires).  Rather, they checked
the brakes and, when they were found to be within specs, cleaned them
thoroughly, again at no charge.

The car was attended to promptly and the staff that I dealt with, from
Brian, the service manager, to York, the late shift service supervisor, to
Mike, the shop foreman, were helpful, friendly and accomodating.  While I
can't be sure that all customers always enjoy the same great service, I
hope that they can help you guys get the service that you deserve.  In
addition, they are very cool about customers who drive their cars
enthusiastically, which made me feel comfortable knowing that they don't
expect us to unnecessarily baby our BMWs.

Usual disclaimer:  I'm just a satisfied customer of Peter Pan BMW, with no
financial interest.  I just hope that this referral is useful to you guys.

Good luck.

Jay Sala
BMW CCA, Golden Gate Chapter
328i

>------------------------------
>
>Date: 6 Dec 98 15:31:10 -0800
>From: "Mike Wilkens" <mikewilkens@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: glass sealer/glue: why not take it to dealer?
>
>Hi John, well that's a perfectly reasonable answer, so I guess I should
>explain that I live in the Bay Area.  As BMW NA likes to remind us,
dealers are
>independent businesses, and each has their own way of doing business.
Here, dealers
>are rude, arrogant, patronizing, incompetent, deceitful, and downright
weird.  They
>charge $10 a quart for synthetic oil (yes, even though it's scheduled
maintenance).

<snip>