Questions on '97 528 (E39) DIY maintenance

We just purchased a beautiful black '97 528i (automatic, alas, which my wife
insisted on since it is to be her daily driver), and I'd like to do a few
service items, but have been unsuccessful finding any FAQs or DIY info on
the usual Web sites I've bookmarked since getting my M3 three years ago.

So, here are a few questions...

 - are there any Web sites or mailing lists with info specific to the E39
1977 528?

 - what are the recommended Redline fluids and quantities for the automatic
transmission and differential?

 - where is the access to the automatic transmission to drain and fill the
fluid?

 - what is the procedure to get to the brake fluid reservoir? I know it is
under the driver-side microfilter housing, but I'm reluctant to start
pulling the housing apart without some steps.

 - the previous owner of the car appears to have smoked, there is a slight
but noticeable stale smoke smell in the car -- any suggestions for removing
this odor?

 - there is a JC chip available for this model, does anyone who has it have
any testimonial on performance?

Thanks!

 - Rich     '95 M3