help - buying a new car. need advise.

Hello digesters,

I am looking for a '99 Volvo V70 AWD wagon for my wife.  she drove the "R"
(248HP ///M-wagon wannabe) and the "regular" AWD (190HP).   She hates the XC
(Cross Contry) looks.    I am getting a good deal on the "R" - $200 over
invoice.  Once broken in, the 248 HP motor will propell the wagon fairly
nicely.  AWD capability rocks in the rustbelt.

Anyone here owns either of two Volvo models that can share some insights ?
Please CC:sdg2@domain.elided when (R)eplying to the digest.

TIA

PS.  Mandatory BMW Content - my ///M3 feels more connected with the road
than the '98  Volvo AWD-R 248HP wagon...  But you can fit more stuff in the
Volvo :-)

George
'97 ///M3 sedan