Re: Slipping Clutch

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998 PDumond21@domain.elided wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.  I have a '97
> M3 and my clutch is already slipping.  When I get on the throttle,
> the clutch slips.  I drive the car hard very little (nothing like
> drag racing at every light) and I don't think my everyday driving
> would cause the clutch to slip.  Does anyone know if this is covered
> under the warranty?  Thanks in advance.

 My car is currently at the dealer awaiting the proper clutch parts.
My extended warranty covers NONE of the parts they are replacing,
including: pressure plate, throwout bearing, fork, ball joint pivot
part, collar, and pilot shaft bearing.  (sorry if I don't have the
exact term for every piece)
 The previous owner must have been real talented.  I'm replacing the
clutch at 48k after driving the car 15k miles.  When the dealer took
the clutch apart, they found non-bmw aftermarket parts in there, which
means she destroyed the first clutch in under 33k miles.
 I've never had to have a clutch replaced in any car I've owned before
this... d'oh.  This is gonna cost me over $900.  Still, it'll be nice
to have a clutch that doesn't either go "grind grind grind grind" or
"grrrumm grrrumm grrrumm grrumm".  At least I didn't end up stranded.

- --
  John Bolhuis  | Since announcing concubine auditions in April,
 bolhuijo       | I have received not a single reply. Foolish females!
  @domain.elided | Do you not realize that I am one of the richest and