Koni+H&R settings?

I'm driving an E36 with Koni shocks and H&R sport springs.  I currently have
the Koni's set at "3" all the way around, and it feels a little "floaty" at
times...i.e. when lifting during shifts under hard acceleration, etc.  Is
this a sign of underdamping?  Would I be better off cranking the shocks down
to 4 or 5?

Anyone running Koni/H&R that checked on the setting that matches the spring
weight best?  I didn't think it'd make a difference when I first got the
setup, but I'm beginning to wonder.

Marc Plante
E36, 325i
Alexandria, VA