<misc> exhaust

	hmmm...most people upgrade their mufflers cause they *want* to hear
that
	throaty noise.
	You really don't get a whole lot of power out of them, but if you
want
	"better" I'd suggest looking into a Supersprint exhaust.  they tend
to be
	the best flowing and the quietest of the aftermarket exhausts...

	YMMV of course, but if you want the muffler, Supersprint will give
you a
	mellow note from an aftermarket exhaust.

	Marc Plante
	E36 325i, 113k
	("Loud" exhaust on order)
	Alexandria, VA

I have to agree with Marc.  My muffler was going out awhile back and it was
time for a new one.  I bought a supersprint from BMP knowing that it wasn't
really going to do squat for performance, but it would sound nice and look a
little better.  Sure enough, I installed it and I didn't really feel any
performance increase, but it sure sounds nice.  Not raspy like a lot of the
coffee can muffler's I see (hear) around town, more of a throaty sound like
Marc says.  Not too loud either.

- --David
'84 325e 200k
They're coming to take me away, ha ha, hee hee, ho ho.