<e30> clutch - common failure points?

 My 48k mile '93 e30 325ic is getting a look-see today to find the
root of my clutch noise.  I get a nasty grindy-bearing noise when the
clutch is depressed all the way, and a grumbling, rattly noise when
driving at ~2200RPM.  The noise seems to travel directly up the clutch
master cylinder into the dash area.
 My query is, exactly how many parts down there commonly fail, and
what's a normal failure rate?  I'm pretty sure my throwout bearing is
shot, but I'm confused about the other noise.
 ...and before you berate me for wearing out my throwout bearing, it
ain't my fault!  I've only driven the car for 15k miles, and I always
keep my foot off the clutch while driving, at stoplights, etc.

Thanks for any input!

- --
  John Bolhuis  | Since announcing concubine auditions in April,
 bolhuijo       | I have received not a single reply. Foolish females!
  @domain.elided | Do you not realize that I am one of the richest and