re: Question to the members

John Fountaine suggests window decals for the cars of digest members.  I
think it's an excellent idea--we've done similar items--bumper stickers,
mouse pads and t-shirts--for the Land-Rover list
<http://www.Land-Rover.Team.Net> that I'm also active on. (Actually, I'm a
lot MORE active there because I actually know a thing or two--still getting
my feet wet here.) These items are specifically helpful during rallies and
gatherings, but occasionally it provides for an onroad
meeting-of-the-minds. (And you get a few "sorry I missed you" notes in
parking lots too.) We're currently looking into grille badges and rally
roof rack plates--the latter being of little interest to most of us here.
(Logo sun roof deflectors maybe?) Another nice feature of these items--put
one on your "other car" too.

To get the ball rolling, are there any graphic artists amongst us who would
be willing to take a crack at a design? For reference/general interest, the
LRO design forms the backdrop of web page.

While I'm off-topic--speaking about the L-R list that is--anyone out there
the who would like to see how another set of vehicle mailing lists
operates--and how those communities compare to this one--can do so by
hitting the above mentioned web site. From there you can view the LRO
(Land-Rover Owner) and RRO (Range Rover Owner) digests right on the web. No
subscribing, no email, hence no mailbox clutter--unless you want it. (Yes,
you can post too.) The pages for "today's" content are updated hourly. (The
"Today's Digest is actually all of yesterday's messages.) The original LRO
list was started in 1990 and the RRO list is a later spin-off to accomodate
coil sprung Rover owners--Rangies, Discos and Defenders. The lists are now
run by the Empire Rover Owners Association (of which I'm Vice-President)
and for the last year have been commercially sponsored.

This is not intended to criticize anything about the way this list is
administered--don't knock anything you're not willing to undertake
yourself--but rather as an opportunity to take a peek at a similar group
w/o "committing" to anything.

Okay, 'nuff Rover stuff, back to the topic at hand...

<For real sticklers, the BMW content is that BMW owns Land-Rover. ;-)>

jab
==
 Jeffrey A. Berg   Purple Shark Media         Rowayton, CT
                  jeff@domain.elided
I'm looking for a smart woman in a real short skirt...
			--Jimmy Buffett, Smart Woman
...and her own set of SnapOn tools,
and the know-how to use them!
			   --Jeff Berg, Broken Rover Blues