E28: No Clutch Pressure

I've lost practically all clutch pressure on my '86 528e while trying to
bleed the clutch. It seems that the system is not capable of building up
any pressure which leads me to believe it's the clutch master cyl. I've
order both the master cyl. and the slave cyl. Does this sound like the
right thing to start with? I don't want to replace parts without any
merit however I'd like to be absolutely positive the problem in "inside"
before I take the transmission off. Thank you for the help,

Link Moser
1986 528e
1986 325
1980 528i