<E-28> Spark plug shot out of engine--PLEASE HELP!!!

OK, I am pretty sure this is one that you mark down in the "Really Bad"
column.

My '87 535i has now twice shot the sixth spark plug out of its seat(left
most as you look at it) last time it shattered the cap on the ignition wire
so I replaced both the wires and the spark plug, but was told it may have
just wiggled loose in some freak occurrence.  I hoped this to be correct
since the new plug seemed to seat fine and I couldn't just pull it out.
However, tonight it repeated this performance with no apparent damage to the
threads of the spark plug.  Incidents were about a month apart.

What is the deal here?   Any fixes short of new engine?  Can I just have the
plug hole rethreaded?  Any help would be greatly appreciated since I am
pretty sure this is going to kill my holiday budget.

Thanks,
Scott
'87 535i (now five cylinder) Sharked