<e30> Heater not working!

In my '84 318i the heater isn't working.  I crank the knob all the way over
to the right, and it's just as cold has before.  It's not that i'm cold out
here in ca, but trying to see out of a fogged up windshiled isn't fun.
This is the first winter that i've had the car.  When i got the car, the
previous stereo had been stolen out of it about a month before, so the dash
is a little messed up, but the temp knob still has tension in it like it's
moving something.  Also while i'm on the subject of it, the reardefroster
works when it wants to also.

Please reply to bmw@domain.elided
Thanks -Jake Abramson
      __/ / / / / /_/ / __   1984 318i