Re: E30 M3s straight pipe

Gary stated:
NO!!  well.....straight pipe sometimes do make hp.  but at least it's
not in
the E30 M3's case!!

Actually, the straight pipe does make Hp.  I am putting one in my DM
racer (actually straight to the muffler, shorting the cat.  real
straight pipe would go all the way, but is too loud).  However, I am
doing this at the loss of some torque.  This is what Gary was refering
to and it is torque that sticks you in the back of your seat.  The only
reason I am doing this in my car is that the motor makes plenty of
torque, and I would rather sacrifice a little for more high end Hp.

James Clay