Re: eraming your way to fortunes...

<< Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 14:31:42 -0500
 From: mark kibort <mkibort@domain.elided>

 Message text written by INTERNET:bmw@domain.elided
 >I guess you're right and Bosch is wrong when they say their alternators
 are
 about 50% efficienct.
  =

 < Do you or have you thought about how the E-RAM works ?>

 Mark,  the eram does not work.  What part of that statement don't you
 understand?<

 What part of its been dynoed by an independant shop and it gained 4-5% on=

 two different vehicles.
 Ive measured vacuum in the airbox of a E30.  It is there , face it and it=

 can be relieved.  (WHY DO
 YOU THINK PEOPLE THAT HAVE E30S AT THE TRACK, SOMETIMES POP OFF A HEADLIG=
 HT
 FOR RAM AIR????   So, face it you car works well but it can be improved .=
   =
 What are you talking about me saying bosch being wrong>?????????? =

  I only said that the eram pulls 30 amps,  at 12 volts, generates
 2 lbs of thrus and 600cfm in free air , or 250 cfm at .25-.5 psi.   When
 the  max the alternator genterates is around 90 amps,  =

 the 400 watts that the fan  pulls even at 50% eff. , would still be only =1
 hp draw, and 4 to 9 hp produced. = >>

Do the math mark - print your formulas - where are they???

One thing  - how is it that you can't explain why the eram works?  you always
talk dyno.  Does it occur to you how ineffcient this approach is? how many
losses?

Let's have a blow by blow discriptionof your little eram and take it apart on
the digest in all it;s naked glory.  No flames, no "mark"eting and NO dyno
talk - just some basic explaination on your part.

Let's start with 1) The hp and operating rpm of the ermaous motor.
What make is it?  can we get independent varification of the fans specs?

 Christopher