Re: bmw-digest V9 #615

In a message dated 12/1/98 4:00:50 PM Pacific Standard Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

> This gets kind of confusing, and what better place to clear up confusion
>  than on the Digest, right?  Right?  Anyone?  OK, never mind, here goes:
>
>  The first use of "s" vs. non-"s" I can think of is with the 2 liter coupe
in
>  the mid-'60s.  There was a 2000C and a 2000CS, where the CS had 2
>  carbeurators vs. one on the C (and maybe other differences).  But that
>  goes too far back, let's start in the mid-'70s.  I'm doing this from
memory,
>  and a few minor details may not be quite correct, so forgive me.  All of
>  my comments apply to U.S. models, which may or may not be the same
>  as the models sold in other markets, caveat emptor, YMMV, etc.

Hey Scott, don't forget about 630/33/35CS/i...  Oh wait- they were all CS or
CSi... weren't they? How about 850CSi?  That actually fits into the mold of
the mid 80's right?  stiffer suspension and sportier interior?  Except for the
more powerful engine...  Ack, I give up...

rob
89 M3, more than 2 charcters confuse me.